It was the most incisive cross-examination …. a joy to listen to.
Called to the Bar in 2002, after previously being a WPC, and a civil solicitor (HCA).
Cathy McCulloch is known for her forensic attention to detail at all stages of a case. This underpins courtroom advocacy which can turn the course of a trial. She achieves results for her solicitor, lay and direct public access clients by using a strong set of values, qualities and skills.
Thank you to you for your humanity and thoughtfulness. A rare quality.
- Justice and Compassion for the client.
- Partnership – Counsel, Solicitor and Lay Client work together.
- Probity and Integrity in all her dealings.
- Imagination and flair in applying the law.
- Style and humour – a human touch in a difficult situation.
- Experienced – Called to the Bar in 2002, she has also worked as a Solicitor and a WPC.
- Knowledge – of the law, and of how the Police think and work.
- Advocacy – both written and verbal.
- Rape accredited.
Cathy wrote guidelines for the Police on handling victims of sexual assault in 1984. They remain in use in court to this day.
- Adept and empathetic in handling vulnerable witnesses, victims, and children / young people.
- Press relations – deals with the media in an appropriate manner in high profile cases.
- Has received Commendations for her handling of Youth Matters from several Benches.
I’ve never met a Barrister before who is so open to justice